Within the long-term care sector so much goes into what requirements a menu must provide for their residents in order to meet ministry needs, all while keeping within the ministry’s raw food budget. Some primary steps to ensure your menu will be right for your residents include:
- Determining your residents’ preferences
- Determining your menu cycle (3 or 4 weeks)
- Ensuring that there is variety and choices for each meal and snack offered to avoid repetition and ensure preferences are being met
- Making sure each diet type and texture is provided for each meal being served that pertains to your home
- Determining your best production and purchasing methods, along with creating standardized recipes for each meal, diet type and texture
- Making sure at the end of the day your menu meets the nutritional requirements of your residents
Planning and executing a successful menu is of top importance when it comes to providing for residents in a long-term care facility. It goes without saying that a great amount of skill and effort is needed to ensure the success of any menu.
Thankfully, with our help, we can ensure all of these requirements are met and more! With our in-house Registered Dietitian and highly skilled technical team, we can make every step of this process as seamless as possible all while making sure everything is tailored to meet the needs of your home.